Children and Family Centres
Our Children and Family Centres are open and we are offering a range of bookable activities.
They offer a range of services to meet the needs of children under five and support their families.
There are six children and family centres and the services provided are designed around the needs of the surrounding area.
What they do
The centres are places where children can make friends and learn as they play.
Parents and carers can access professional advice on health and family matters, learn about training and job opportunities or just socialise with other people. The types of activities and support that may be running at your local children and family centre are:
- Universal services such as baby clinics, developmental health checks, speech and language drop ins
- Targeted services including Acorn groups, counselling for adults and children, Domestic Violence programmes
- Family support and parenting from Family Support and Parenting Practitioners, Health Visitors, Midwives and young mum groups
- Information and advice on housing, childminding support and breastfeeding support
- A range of courses and drop in sessions for parents and their children aged from 0 to 5 years designed around child development, school readiness, health and wellbeing and acquiring new skills
- Quality play sessions and other additional provision for parents with children of primary school age
The centres aim to offer a range of targeted services from professional organisations for courses and activities such as:
- Parenting skills
- Baby massage
- Debt and money management skills
- Employment and job seeking skills
- First aid training
- Healthy eating
- Post natal courses
- Speech therapy
The centres are open and we are offering a range of bookable activities, although no drop-ins at present.
Our six centres
Or view a map: